FEARS AND NIGHTMARES


I was sleeping while my mother was singing that lullaby,
There are two types of sleeping they say,
You sleep when you get tired,
And you sleep to avoid life,
But the sleep I have was different of all,
Because it was taking me elsewhere,
I always thought that I don't belong to this world,
There is always something better coming up,
The peace of mind we have is ultimate when you are happy,
But just then thinking of all the good things that happened,
I woke up, it was a bad dream,
Bad dreams are often called nightmares,
But mine was a day time,
Falling from the height of the mountain in the dark place,
Unable to move, unable to speak,
Those dreams continued until turned an adult and that dream is becoming a fear,
Fear to sleep and watching it again
Being a human we have always been told to live our fears as they are luxury,
Luxury that some people avoid affording and some people who are gifted with it
People spend their whole life in fears,
We spent our childhood in fears of having good marks,
Our teenage fear of not getting validation,
Our adulthood fear of not getting a partner,
You woke from a bad dream,
and now you are thinking and you have fear of getting back to sleep,
Sometimes it feels that we are living those dreams,
Everything is good until it's true,
There is always something dark when you peep into someone's life,
So deep that person doesn't understand,
Just like that, we have nightmares darker than the days we spent,
Dreams can be fragile too just like a human being,
Just then I got out of my head walking towards home fighting another fear,
Ready to watch another dream while my mother sings a lullaby in this time beside me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank You for investing your time. Please Share.

Popular Posts