PIECES OF LIFE

 

Humans are often entitled to achieve more than they have set for themselves. They tend to be overachievers and competitors, as every family in the entire universe has one. As we evolve as individuals in this progressive world, we continue to learn more with each step we take. Recently, I read a quote that struck a chord in me that says, "We try to find corners in the world, which is a circle." And it is true that every person who is demarcating their way into this ever-changing world is somehow struggling to find their own identity. There are people, and then there are personalities that they carry within themselves. There are around 8 billion people in this world, yet there are trillions of personalities we come across. Some of those personalities are more prominent than others we showcase, but some of them are just for us, and that is when we are more of ourselves than ever.

In this monochromatic world we live in, the more we move forward, the more we lose our colors with time. We often forget to leave behind what holds us behind: our fears and the fear of abandonment, which I think we face all the time, in relationships, in families, or with friends. There is no easy way of saying that we are more stuck than before. I saw this movie oftentimes called “Dear Zindagi,” and I cry every time I watch it. If you notice, you will relate to me; whenever you see something on repeat, you observe things more than before. And that’s what happened this time. As I was watching it, the lead actor was discussing how people are supposed to feel all the emotions, and from childhood, elders used to say, “not to cry,” “do not say this,” etc. Now, as we face challenges, we are stuck on things that are simple. And now that we are more adults and understand, we are unable to comprehend how to feel and react on certain occasions.



As I became the person I am today and moved towards becoming what I wanted, I often felt stuck and thought about how everything was getting boring. It’s not the kind of boring we faced in high school, but the kind of boring where everyone is doing the same thing. The word is cliché, but for me, it’s boring and repetitive. And I keep finding ways to make it different to define it as my own. My journey from home to my office is not long, but long enough to observe the people around me and how they are trying to make every day special just by doing a little something for themselves or their family. I often think that in 100 people, how many of them are overthinking ways to get out of the trouble they went into unknowingly? How many breakdowns and self-talk does it take to assess what they have been through or connect the dots in the constantly tiring cycle they are in? How many cope-up mechanisms will it take to realize that we are worrying more about the future than living in the present?

But with this constant thinking and in search of the right space, we often create anxiety, and the more we dwell on it, the more it becomes. The negative thoughts, playing the same scenario in your head over and over, and stressing over something or someone. These uninterrupted thoughts will fill up the bucket, which is already full of worries, and further cause challenges in life you don’t want to face. Two years ago, I was dealing with extreme anxiety, and during that time, my coping mechanism was to keep myself busy as much as I could so that I wouldn’t be able to think anything, but there were days I broke down several times. Those were the days when I felt less. But I think these were the days that made me realize how important it is to support a person we know nothing about. As the name implies, support is something people don’t search for and expect from others, especially today. It is something that is never to be found in the books of those who need it but don’t say it.


Being grateful for small things in our lives exponentially serves as a catalyst in our lives. When we do not focus on the big things, it’s the little things that matter and give us hope to get through life. When I travel from home to work, I often see a beggar whose legs are paralyzed, which made me realize that that person must do more hard work than us, even for the necessities we are privileged to. Not only this, but every time I go for a walk after work, I often sit at the bench near the park and watch the sunset. Having a crappy day and doing what you love to do are the most peaceful things in life. So, whenever you feel life is happening in a way that is challenging, do what is not. It is important for you to do hard-core things every day to achieve the most ambitious things in life. Sometimes, and maybe you can achieve it by doing simple things. It is fine if you choose to relax and find a piece of yourself; it is not delaying the work but preparing you for what comes after. And isn’t life about making a life of peace, not piece?

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Poetic and philosophical piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every word went straight to my heart.. Keep up the good work Mansi✨

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow...so beautiful n so true n so touching. God bless u msnsi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for investing your time. Please Share.

Popular Posts